Tuesday, May 24, 2011


I took another trip to my hiking spot the weekend before last, but unfortunately it wasn't to hike. I had actually planned on making it a hike with friends, but that morning as I was packing I ended up spraining one of my toes! I was completely bummed because I had been anticipating the trip for days before! Nevertheless, I didn't cancel the trip. Just the hike. My sweet sister (below) helped me walk around as we visited Mt. Tamalpais (which is my favorite hiking place and is located north of San Francisco).


It's always a risk when we go because the weather likes to change at the drop of a hat up there. On the clearest of days you can see San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge from the top. On others, everything down below seems to be covered in a blanket of clouds. Which still happens to make for spectacular views.


After tackling the mountain, we also took a quick trip down to Muir Beach (also pictured in my last post).


It's always nice to take advantage of where you live and explore the nature that surrounds us. And if I were allowed to plop a tent up on top of that mountain, I would :). How amazing would it be to wake up to that view everyday?

*For a clear view from the top, compare with the post on May 2nd. Specifically the last picture.

4 comments:

sweet harvest moon said...

Beautiful pictures!

Hope your toe is better..


http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

WOW! These pictures are incredible! I'm envious of your beautiful scenery even though I was just on vacation :)

SC said...

Beautiful shots!

Antoinette Musik said...

Absolutely stunning photograpy!! Am loving your blog.